Tuesday, March 24, 2009

more time and more keys

I think finally I'm beginning to get it all together (including my keys) and can actually allow myself some time off, doing idle things. I even had a bath yesterday. Fancy that. Whilst bathing I began reading Haruki Murakami's latest, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. It's not a novel but his own thoughts about his life, especially his life as a runner. It seems amiable enough. 

I've also begun reading Cosmopolitanism, by Kwame Anthony Appiah. I feel strongly that it's a book for me. I'll tell you later if it is. Just let me finish it.

I'm working on my application for St Andrews. It's going quite well. A bit back and forth, but that's to be expected I suppose. And it's very inspiring, just thinking about it, and a lot of ideas for articles and papers are popping up in my head. Right now I feel like I can do anything, and not only academically and creatively, but socially as well. It's a good feeling, and I hope it lasts. 

No comments: