Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dreaming of the Queen

The very first album I ever bought was Pet Shop Boys' second album Actually. I was in my early teens and I wanted to have it on cassette, but I couldn't find one. I tried all the record stores in my suburb but with no luck. But in the suburb were my grandparents lived there was a little store that sold TVs, radios and such. So I tried there. Alas, they didn't have any cassettes. But they did have it on LP, and the clerk suggested I buy that instead because it would last longer and I could easily copy it to a cassette at home. And so I bought it even though if it was slightly more expensive that I had hoped for.

I've been a fan since then, and I still am, just as much. I have all the albums. There's just one thing missing, Chris Heath's book Pet Shop Boys, Literally. It seems to be out of print.

I wonder if I would be able to do a top ten list of my favourite PSB songs. Probably not.

I'm feeling calm and happy. I feel like I could do anything. (Which makes you wonder why I'm sitting here writing...) Tomorrow I will do something though, if my nerves doesn't fail me.

No comments: