Friday, December 15, 2006

A Rather Moving Story

Here's yet another photograph from Paris, of a particular boulangerie, or bakery. On the right you can see the back of my darling J.

I'm moving tomorrow, so this evening I'm putting away all my books and cds in boxes. I don't like that. My books are not to be put in boxes, they are to be read, or to be put on display in bookshelves. If possible I would prefer to take one book at a time, move them all separately. I wonder if anyone would volunteer to help?

When Francois Truffaut was a young man he left all his beloved books to a friend, for him to guard, while petit Francois was in custody. One day he got a letter from his poor friend, who told him that he had sold most of the books in order to get some desperately needed money. When reading that story my heart ached. For both of them.

Only one week left at work now. Will I sleep for a whole week after Christmas, or just the half week?

It's Friday, and I wish you all a jolly weekend.

No comments: