Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Old and the New


2006 is almost over, and I wonder what'll happen next year, the day after tomorrow. Where will I travel? Who will I love? Where will I work? What will I write about?

The other night, on the subway, there were some teenage guys and a girl who were giving quite a performance, singing, or rapping. Not for money or anything like that, it was only because they found such joy in it. And they sure had rhythm. One of them gave me a nervous glance and asked me what I thought. I told him I thought they were great, and he gave me a happy smile.

I have been reading Paul Auster and Joan Didion during my Christmas vacation. They sure don't waste any words. I wish I could write like that. Maybe I can. Next year I will try at any event, I'd like to have my own book published.

Here's another picture from Paris by the way.

No comments: