Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A done deed

I just finished my dvd column for the next issue of Filmrutan (The Film Image) and it's such a relief. Deadline was today and with everything going on I haven't had the time to sit down and do it calmly and quietly but had to do it all in two days, or rather two evenings. 

But now that's over and done with, and not only that. I've done a lot of things this week that was important and pressing, and I will actually be able to relax this long (four days) weekend. There's a part of me that's hoping it's going to rain and that I will stay in bed, reading The Atlantic and listening to, say, Sophie Zelmani.

Regardless of the stress, it's been a very good week. Nice weather, nice friends and yesterday a very good talk by Anthony Beevor about D-Day and the allied invasion of Normandy on June 6 1944. Been wanting to read his book about the Spanish Civil War for many years. Now might be the time to actually do it.

No comments: