Thursday, September 14, 2006

Love and Longing

Someone dear said to me today "If I didn't know you I would fall in love with you." Now, I leave it to you to figure that one out.

This evening I shared a Cosmopolitan with someone I used to be very close with. She has probably looked deeper into my soul than anyone else, and understood more of it than anyone else. It's been some years since we saw each other regularly, now I just miss her regularly. I hope that this can be the beginning of something new, more substantial.

It's funny what it is that you actually miss after you loose someone. It might not even be what you appreciated most when you where with them. And also, what you miss might be different things at different times. You might miss one thing after three months, and a whole different thing after three years. I was at one time seeing a girl who had a son. It was him, the son, I missed the most afterwards, for some time. Probably because he even call me dad at one time. Now what I miss the most is the e-mails she and I sent each other in the beginning.

But today has not been a day of the past, today has in many ways been a day of the future. It has been a good day. I've been successful, in business and socially. After a lousy week I needed a break. I better enjoy it as much as possible, who knows when I get another chance?

1 comment:

TOMAS said...

While reading your blog, I rejoiced at your English. I write with a dictionary and dream about talking so easily as you do. However, that’s the secondary. Most of your words were red as my own thoughts. It would be lovely to sit with you over cup of coffee and to drink the refreshing freshness of the sky above our old town.
While reading your blog I was attracted by your peaceful wisdom, you didn’t call to discussions but simply confess, pour out the heart and that inspires the desire to welcome you, to long for some more personal conversation.
In short, thank you. That was the main that I wanted to say. It is so grand to thank and to know that this isn’t just the polite words but the truth: I recognized myself in your eyes.