Thursday, October 05, 2006

Death and General Relativity

What is one supposed to say when a friend's father dies? I don't know, so I say as little as possible. I keep in the background, and offer my silent support.

This has been one of many difficult things that has happened the last week. By far the worst for her, but I have had other problems of my own. Mostly at work. I'm so fed up with all the stuff going on, or rather, not going on. I spend most of my time trying to fix machines that have broken down, or trying to get a little professionalism in to proceedings. It's like I'm fighting an uphill battle, and now I feel that enough is enough. I'm always to soft, all to seldom speaking my mind. Well, no more mister Nice Guy! The glows are off!

In the world of physics, scientist are still, after a good many decades, trying to find out how to reconcile the theory of general relativity with quantum mechanics. String theory for example has had it pretty rough lately. I will not give advise on that, but there is a similar problem in every day life, how to reconcile what you want, and need, to do with what you actually do.

No comments: