Monday, October 09, 2006

Married Women and Lonely Men in Autumn


That's me, the man in the title. Who the married woman is I'm not at liberty to disclose.

Autumn has, somewhat belatedly, while at the same time rather suddenly, arrived. I took the bus to work this morning, and at one point almost all passengers turned their heads to look out through the windows for a beautiful view of the city, in the glow of the early morning sun.

At work things have improved a bit, but there is not much joy in going there. I wish it was different, I wish I had the guts to quit and take a trip instead. I'm always more alive traveling than at home. I spent a few weeks in Japan in April and I was probably more at ease there than at any one time I've spent in my apartment since. That's most likely a bad thing, but still, that's how things are.

Soon the winner of the Nobel prize in literature will be announced. On Thursday. I wonder who it might me. Why not Cormac McCarthy?

In case you are wondering, I took the photograph of Mt Fuji.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. Just an FYI, my work situation sucks too. :( Wish I was a millionaire so I didn't have to worry, but darn God gave me a common sense and a sense of reality. :)

Blaberama said...

Is it that she is "unattainable" ... or is it just her?

Fredrik Gustafsson said...

That's a good question. I'm not that interested, but she is so overwhelming in her affections for me, that I find it hard to resist. So no, it hasn't got anything to do with "unattainability", but everything to do with her.