Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Children of Iraq

I actually started crying on the plane today when I read this article in The Economist about Iraqi children killed or injured by the Americans. A perspective on collateral damages. This was the worst part...

"In one hospital, a young boy, with both his arms missing, was the sole survivor when an American missile crashed into his family’s farmhouse. “Will I get my arms back?” he asks Ms Jaber. “What about my hands?” Nearby a weeping grandmother sits beside a little girl wrapped in bandages. Another American missile had hit the car in which her parents and their seven children were fleeing danger in Baghdad. They were all killed except for the little girl and her baby sister, who had been thrown through the window by her burning mother."

Iraq’s children: Saving the orphans The Economist

No comments: