Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My life as an expat

Long, hot days in Tbilisi, capital of Georgia. It's difficult to navigate around the keyboard, but otherwise I'm having one hell of a time. The city has all the decay and ambiance you could wish for, and my Georgian contacts are ever so lovely. I've also made some new friends, the pride of British judiciary. And with the embassy as my base camp I need not fear anything. Maybe just the sun, which has been unforgiving today.

I just read that Al Franken won the election as US senator from Minnesota. The election was last November so it was about time a winner was pronounced you might think. Franken is a comedian who, after writing Bush bashing books, decided to become a politician himself. As a Democrat naturally. I don't know how he will be as politician but as a comedian he can be very funny. My favourite Franken joke is from when he was a guest at David Letterman and talked about his new book tour. He said that he was doing it together with Bill O'Reilly (the right wing bully from Fox News). "I'm doing my book, and Bill his, Living With Herpes".

Now there's a thunderstorm over Tbilisi. I must go and watch.

1 comment:

Matilda said...

Hope the thunderstorm was beautiful to watch. They are seldom nice to be caught in though...