Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Long Day Closes

The week in Britain was so very quick and so very rewarding. I met all the right people and did so much fun. Whilst going from one place to another, always in a hurry, I thought that it's typical that I don't have time to see or do anything Londonish, and no time for musicals or plays. But then I remembered that I will soon go back. And be very close to London for three years. I hadn't thought about that before, but when I realized it the strongest feeling was, I think, a feeling of relief.

This week has been warm and summery, but my idea of not be at work didn't really pan out. As it turns out, there's a lot involved when quitting your job. It's in itself a fulltime job. Rats! But soon, soon, I will actually be able to experience something of this summer before it's over and long gone.

But it hasn't been all work and no play. Yesterday was actually rather decadent with a two and a half hour lunch with the very lovely Sue, followed by a couple of hours with Maeby and Lisa. Maebs was more intense than ever and this time she already had her ball in her mouth when she greeted me so as not to waste any valuable time before we went out in the park.

And now I'm at home, listening to the music of Georges Delerue and thinking that maybe I should have some tea before bed.

No comments: