Monday, July 17, 2006

Lonely or alone?

I'm often alone, but lonely I am less frequently. Or am I? Perhaps I'm only kidding myself. I have spent some hours with darling J. today, and it felt great, but it also felt great when I was alone, reading a book in the cooling breeze. Of course I need both of these feelings of "greatness", but are they both equal in size and shape? More and more, I'm beginning to feel that feeling good being with someone is a greater feeling than feeling good being alone, and also, that it is less hard being depressed with someone, than being depressed on your own. So regardless of how you are feeling, togetherness is preferable to oneness. And even though I may long for time when I can be alone, when that time actually appears, it isn't all that jolly as I had imagined it to be. Isn't my nervous and stressful disposition due to loneliness, or at least to lack of company? I don't know, but I do know that I'm often more relaxed with someone than alone. Does this mean I should move in with somebody? My my, what will I think of next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sometimes feel alone even when I'm with someone. I just think maybe I have not find that "right" person to be with. Thought I found him but apparently it wasn't the case. Great blog by the way and thanks for visiting mine.