Friday, July 28, 2006

Moody Evening

At last an evening by myself. And it has began to rain, which makes it somewhat less hot. Today was the last day before my vacation begins. OK, I have to stop by at work on Monday, but only for a short time, and then, freedom. Let's not kid one another, it has not been a good summer so far. Hopefully August will be better.

I bought myself a new phone today though. The first phone I bought, after everyone else had had one for years, was a cheap, simple Nokia, which I kept for maybe two years, after which I got a nice, slim, but still simple, Samsung. But last week I suddenly felt a craving for colour displays, cameras, and all sorts of things. I begun looking around for a new, flashy phone, but finally I settled for a Samsung with just a camera, no radio or MP3 or any such things. I thought it extravagant enough for my modest needs.

Here's a warning to Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo: The Spell Checker recognized the word Samsung, but not Nokia, instead suggesting "noise". Here's a warning to me: Some people are getting married, I'm getting a new phone, and could hardly be more excited.

Well, time to go to bed. Dinah Washington is singing What a Difference a Day Makes. I'll take her word for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a poetic, selection of writing, you are both intreguing, vulnerable, humorous and reflective a delight and emotional journey reading your words.