Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Words

I do so love words! Strange words, like Quinquagesima. Beautiful words, like daffodil. Ugly words, like infringe. Words that are surreal, like hippopotamus. Words that have a certain poetry about them but, unfortunately, are very seldom used, like abominable. Funny words, like flabbergast, or fuddy-duddy (which is preferably used together with humongous). Or my friend J.'s favourite: artichoke.

Speaking of words, the spell checker on my blog didn't understand the word "blog" the first time it came across it. Of the words mentioned above, it caved on Quinquagesima, fuddy-duddy and humongous. Instead of humongous it suggested unionizes, which I would say is something slightly different.

There are more wonderful words to be sure, but it's late, I'm tired, and tomorrow is laundry day. I'm thrilled.

No comments: