Friday, August 25, 2006

The Last Hour of Vacation

This has been a busy week, writing and seeing friends, one after the other. Phew, I don't have the strength to be on vacation. But happily enough today is the last official day of my vacation. It's true that I will not start working until Monday, but during the weekend I wouldn't work anyway so it doesn't count. There!

I must say I have mixed feelings about going back to work. On the one hand I want to start fixing things, and try out all my new ideas that I have written down during my absent weeks. I want to take a firm grip of things. Due to all kinds of difficulties during the first half of the year, too much time has been wasted. I have no more time to waste. But on the other hand I feel a bit nervous, and afraid, that it will be just as stressful and agonizing as it has been the last year. Things should be much better now, due to the changes that has taken places, or will take place as soon as I get back. But the fear is there, still.

But, all that can wait. I still have two full free days left. Tonight I've had a lovely dinner with J. Always good for morale. I can't wait to see her again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great vacation. Sometimes it takes getting away to realize a few things. I always come back from vacation refreshed and with new vigor to tackle anything. They should have a pill that makes you feel like that every day. :)