Saturday, August 19, 2006

Trains, Buses and Hostels

I'm back! Missed me?

Did you know that it is actually cheaper to travel in first class than in second class on Swedish trains? At least if you buy your ticket in advance. So that is how I traveled. At one point a mother and her daughter came in to have a look at the first class compartment, just to see what it looked like. You could tell that she (the mother) thought it snooty to travel in such a manner, her nose gave her away. I fought a sudden urge to tell her that she was the snooty one.

I have one more week left until I must be back at work. I wonder what I will do. I have bought a collection of French chansons, where among the singers represented are the likes of Edith Piaf, Juliette Greco, Charles Aznavour, Jacques Brel. I think I will spend some time listen to that. I have a particularly soft spot for La mer, sung by Charles Trenet.

No comments: