Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tripping

A tripper is a person who goes on a pleasure trip, and now such a person is me, at least I will become one tomorrow. Originally I was thinking about going to Vienna, but it was so difficult finding flights and hotel rooms at suitable times to suitable prices so I gave up. Instead I will travel around in Sweden for a week. Not as glamorous for sure, but perhaps more relaxed. And that's just what I need. Some quiet time on my own.

I wouldn't mind something like the atmosphere by that lake (the painting is Korean), we'll see what happens. There is no shortage of lakes in Sweden, the trouble is a) to find them, and then b) to get to them.

I have been looking forward to this trip for many weeks, to get away from phones, computers and every day stuff. Granted, this week has been a good week, packed with friends, sunshine and bathing, but it has still been at home, so to speak. But now, finally, a break. And Vienna is still standing, I might go there later this year.

No comments: